Hello everyone! I wanted to write to you today to inform you on positive news regarding climate change. I know we’re all faced with bad news on a daily basis which can be very upsetting and overwhelming for those of us who care, so I thought I’d put a positive spin by updating you regularly on good news regarding the environment.
1. A couple in India have invented a cigarette filter which is 100% biodegradable and consists of seeds instead of plastic (once disposed of, the seeds sprout into plants)
2. America’s first electric firetruck joins the Los Angeles fire department
3. Plastic pollution has decreased by 30% along Australia’s coast (some other regions have shown greater improvement, with a 73% decline of litter recorded)
4. Burberry has banned exotic skins after 7 years of campaigning by PETA (other brands who have banned the selling of exotic skins include Calvin Klein, Chanel, Victoria Beckham, Jil Sander, Mulberry and Vivienne Westwood)
5. Ethiopia has planted 350 million trees in 12 hours in 2019, and the country aims to plant 20 billion by the end of 2022